Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fireworks!


Buzzin's


Sorry I was AWOL last week.  Had neck sugery and am still trying to get my bearings back!  The surgery went very well and the neck is stabilized and we are ready to fix the back ASAP.  Praise God for modern Medicine and my awesome Drs!!!

On to my ramblings for this week...

Fireworks are so beautiful and crazy and all over the place...and that's what I feel like. 
 So you are going to get a few tips and hints I have found and I am hoping they make sense!!!

1.  Found an awesome new (to me) way to fix fresh corn on the cob.  Put ear in Microwave as it is, shucks, silk and all.  4 minutes.  Remove with potholder cuz that sucker is HOT!  Cut off about an inch of the stalk end.  Now hold the silk end .  Gently shake sideways and VOILA!  It slips out CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!!  And delicious!  and HOT!   T*A*I*S!

2.  New take on the 3-2-1 Cake.  (3 Tbsp cake mix, 2 Tbsp water, 1 minute in microwave.)  This is the new part...I substituted the 2 Tbsp water for 2 Tbsp crushed pineapple packed in water.   WOW!  and then put fresh strawberries and blueberries on it and a blop of at free whipped topping!  OH YEZ!!!

3.  New way to enjoy apples:  Cut up in bite size pieces an dust with cinnamon and a little Splenda...all to your taste.  I love LOTS-O-Cinnamon!

4. Mobile Apps...CUZ I LOVE 'EM and USE 'EM!
     First you better have Weight Watchers Mobile AND Weight Watchers Barcode Scanner.   T*A*I*S!

     Next I love Minamalist To DO List.  It is easy to use and just makes my list with notes if I want without a bunch of extra junk!
     I also use Grocery IQ.  Makes lists of needs at stores you use.  You set up the stores.   There is a favorites list you can set up with stuff you always get.

I also love Aldi's and they have a free app that lets you know what the weeks specials are and you can make a list there and put the prices in and    know what it will cost you when you go.  Plus it will remind you of the specials you are interested in.

So there you have it!   Nana's favorites!  All are free and EZ to use. 

5.  My latest Acronym:  AWARE   


A  Am I really Hungry?
W  Will it satisfy me?
A  Are it worth it?  ( I know... grammatically incorrect but I bet you remember it!!! And important...
If it's not worth it chose something else.) 
R  Really think!
E  ENJOY!!!  You made the decision now enjoy it.  If it was the wrong decision don't do it again.


INTERESTING STUFF   Growing Healthy Eaters



GOODIE BOX


Strawberry Spinach Salad  This salad is a HIT no matter where I take it!  And strawberries are really great right now.  


  Until July 28th:  All Weight Watchers Mini-Bars, Smoothies,and Oatmeal! $4.95 each!!!  

Need some Ideas for the Smoothies?  Great for summer cooling off!       Smoothie Recipe Bonanza








I miss my members and teams!  Just sayin'... Can't wait to get back!  






BRAIN FOOD:   Oh man...this hits close too home YIKES...   

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
— Warren Buffett: Investor, billionaire, and philanthropist 


Questions or comments? PLEASE don't hesitate to email me! nana@heynana.com



Need some random thoughts to keep you going? I have a zillion of them...check me out on FaceBook: Nana's BeeLine ... if you dare...

Cool

At Your Meeting...


       Turn slip-ups into SUCCESS! Cuz it's useable info about you!


Have a wonderfully blessed and successful week!






Plan-Exercise-And-Concentrate onEnjoying life!


>^.^<

1 comment:

Mikki said...

Thanks for the information! Hope you ard feelkng better each day!