Monday, November 5, 2012

Power to us...foods that is!





Buzzin's


I am  a volume eater.  If you aren't familiar with that term let me explain:  I don't really care what I am eating...just so I can eat it until I am satisfied!  Got the picture?  It used to be a problem until Weight Watcher's came to my rescue with (Giant Drum Roll...) POWER FOODS.!!! They are real POWER Tools in our journey to getting weight off and keeping it off! They are listed on page 42 of your Meet PointsPlus 2012 book.  Basically Power Foods are non-processed foods including fruits, veggies, lean proteins, whole grains (including certain breads), non-fat dairy and dairy substitutes and MORE!  Check out the list in your book. The Power in the Power Foods is that they will keep you satisfied longer with less volume as most are high in fiber and protein.  If you have noticed  hunger spells at a certain time each day look at your tracker and see what you are eating before that.  It is probably not a Power Food! SO make a change. And see what a diference it makes. Another tool we have as Weight Watchers is the Simply Filling Technique (Page 54) in case you are not very good at tracking or maybe don't want to one day or one week...  In this technique you eat only power foods, until SATISFIED! (that's the important part!)  If you want something that is not a Power Food you still have the 49 Weekly PPVs to use for that. You do have to track those.  I love the Power Foods and there are days I use the Simply Filling Technique.  Both are awesome.  I LOVE WEIGHT WATCHERS   Why?  Because it has a plan to fit everyone and all lifestyles ...you just have o make it fit yours! Make it YOUR plan.  It will only work if it fits your lifestyle and you WILL do it.  If you haven't tried the Power Foods this is the week! And I can guarantee you it will really help over the HOLI-DAZE!  T*A*I*S!


INTERESTING STUFF    Help your kid develop a good body image.

 


Funzies:  Hula Hoopin' Elephant  Color Page

GOODIE BOX


Bev's Chicken and Cabbage Pasta  All Power Foods! Yummmmmo!

  Run  don't walk to the nearest Weight Watchers meeting or store!  Until November 24th:  All Cookbooks are 1/2 off, All Fuities are $1.75 (if you haven't tried the new Citrus Drops...GOOD!  More for ME!  :-), All Mini-Bars and Oatmeal and Smoothies $4.95 each.  Holy Moly!  Is that a sale or what!?  Get in your car NOW! 




BRAIN FOOD: "Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor."
Brian Tracy: is a self-help author and motivational speaker

Questions or comments? PLEASE don't hesitate to email me! nana@heynana.com



Need some random thoughts to keep you going? I have a zillion of them...check me out on FaceBook: Nana's BeeLine ... if you dare...

Cool


Have a wonderfully blessed and successful week!






Plan-Exercise-And-Concentrate on Enjoying life!

No comments: